Join Our Team
West Company currently seeking
Business Advisors and an Administrative Coordinator
West Company, the host of the Mendocino Small Business Develop Center and Women’s Business Center, is seeking contractual business advisors. Successful applicants will be able to provide education about business start-up, planning, and financial management through one-to-one counseling sessions and workshops. Specific skills in digital marketing, QuickBooks, accessing capital, and/or financial analysis is a plus. Also previous business ownership and fluency is Spanish are a plus.
- Send cover letter and resume to: MaryAnne@WestCompany.org
- No phone call or walk ins
West Company is a nonprofit, economic development organization with a focus on providing access to entrepreneurship education, financial literacy and access to capital for budding entrepreneurs and business owners throughout Mendocino County, CA. We serve our clients through customized one-on-one business consulting and business training workshops. We provide advice to startups, governments, and financial institutions to build economic development programs that reduce poverty, and provide equal access to entrepreneurship resources that enable people to build thriving communities.
West Company hosts the Small Business Association (SBA) Mendocino Small Business Development Center and Mendocino Women’s Business Center. We have two locations in Mendocino County – Ukiah and Fort Bragg.
West Company is seeking an individual who enjoys creating office efficiency, likes meeting new people and wants to help improve the economic vitality of Mendocino County. Our mission is to help individuals succeed in business and provide guidance on their journey.
- Provide support for Non Profit Grant Management and Financials:
- Process contractor invoices
- Provide ad hoc data queries from data base
- Process, monitor and code staff timesheets in accordance with grant compliance
- Monthly data coding of clients and contractors
- Oversee office management of West Company’s Fort Bragg Office:
- Maintain office supplies and petty cash fund
- Coordinate office equipment repairs and maintenance
- Answer phones and assist all “walk-ins”
- Provide office support to Executive Director
- Provide support for events, site visits, Board of Directors’ meetings
- Oversee orientation procedure for all new West Company clients on the coast:
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of client activity in SBDC Data base
- Coordinate and complete scheduling logistics for workshops and training
- Prepare workshop sign in sheets, handouts and survey forms
- Manage company events calendar
- Research projects as directed by staff
Additional duties may include:
- Reviewing and editing content for marketing and grant applications
- Uploading content to various online platforms
- Interact with local, state and government offices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Desired skill QuickBooks.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly.
- Ability to complete a task independently and as part of a team
- Ability to organize and manage a variety of tasks whiles managing and meeting deadlines and production schedules on numerous, concurrent projects.
- Ability to envision, establish and implement short and long term objectives of the organization.
- Ability to manage deadlines and production schedules on numerous, concurrent projects.
- Tracking Budget Expenses
- Creating and managing processes
- Database management
- Strong interest and/or background in community and economic development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proper English usage, spelling and grammar
- Technologically savvy with a solid understanding of most communication programs such as Adobe, and PowerPoint, video conferencing
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with clients, co-workers and the public.
- Possession of a valid Class C California Driver’s License.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, reach with arms, talk or hear and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and may occasionally use ladders for a variety of tasks. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 10-20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 25-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Some driving may be required.
$15.50 per hour
- Associates Degree or above
- Two years of previous office and/or non-profit experience
- Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No phone call or walk ins